|Terms and Conditions|
|Written by Helmut Watterott|
|Tuesday, 15 December 2009 11:36|
WEBSITE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
ATTENTION: These terms and conditions apply to the entire contents of this website under the domain name www.dngc.co.uk (the “Website”) and to any correspondence by e-mail or webmail between us and you. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the Website. Using the Website indicates that you accept these terms and conditions regardless of whether or not you are registered with us. If you do not accept these terms and conditions, do not use the Website.
“the Club” means Dunblane New Golf Club, Perth Road, Dunblane and “we”, “us” and “our” shall refer to the Club;
“Special Area” means any of the Members Area or any other sections of the Website reserved by the Club for use by particular categories of user;
“Website” means the website published by the Club and located on the world wide web via the uniform resource locator http://www.dngc.co.uk;
“Website Information” means any data, images, text or other material displayed on the Website; and
“you” means any person who has viewed, downloaded, used or otherwise accessed the Website and/or Website Information and includes (but is not limited to) any person who has been granted access to a special area, and “your” shall refer to you.
Operator of the Website
Dunblane New Golf Club
Application of these terms and conditions
4. We reserve the discretion to amend these terms and conditions from time to time, in each case with effect from the date on which the amendment is posted on the Website. You should check the Website from time to time to review the then-current terms and conditions. If you continue to use the Website, you will be deemed to have accepted the changes to the terms and conditions. Some of these terms and conditions may be augmented by expressly designated legal notices or terms posted by us on the Website.
5. You agree that we shall at all times have the discretion to decide whether or not to grant you access to the Website or any Special Area. We reserve the right from time to time to alter or limit the categories of Website Information which you may access and view using the Website or any Special Area. You agree that we may in our discretion alter, modify, add to or delete any Website Information from time to time, without having to give you prior notice.
Your use of the Website
· copy, alter or delete any of its content except to the extent permitted by these terms and conditions;
· introduce any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or to surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information; or
· attempt to copy, modify, download or access any Special Area (or Website Information held in any Special Area) unless you are properly authorised by us to do so; or
· disclose to any other person any confidential or proprietary information obtained from the Website unless required to do so by law or with our prior consent; or
· cause the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the Website is in any way impaired.
7. You agree that we shall be entitled to make all reasonable enquiries to verify your identity prior to accepting your application to access any Special Area. If we are not happy with the information you provide, or if you do not provide all the information we ask for, we reserve the right not to grant you access to that Special Area.
8. If we accept your application to access a Special Area, we shall send you a user name and password or other appropriate security advice for use to access that Special Area. You agree to keep your user name and password or other appropriate security advice secret and not to disclose or give it to any other person unless with our express prior consent. You agree to indemnify us for any loss, injury, damage costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from any disclosure by you or unauthorised use of your user name and password or other appropriate security advice.
Copyright, trade marks and your licence to use the Website
10. You may view, print and download our Website Information in a web browser for your own personal use only. Copying Website Information into a computer cache or storage device for private on or off-line browsing purposes is also permitted, as is caching of the Website by an information service provider in the normal course of its business to the extent permitted by the Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002. You may not publish, make a copy of, incorporate into any other web site, or electronic information storage or retrieval system or reproduce the Website Information or any part of it for any purpose other than your own personal use without prior written consent, which may be granted at our discretion. Where we do not own the copyright or other intellectual property rights in the Website Information, you must approach the owner(s) for such consent. Nothing in these terms and conditions or on the Website constitutes a licence to use or copy the Website Information except as expressly provided for in these terms and conditions.
11. You may not use any material, electronic method or any type of process which collects, disseminates, removes or scrapes information or material from the Website for commercial purposes including without limitation screen aggregators, robots, spiders and scrapers or any other automated means. If you breach any of the terms in these terms and conditions, your permission to use the Website automatically terminates and you must immediately destroy any downloaded or printed extracts from the Website.
12. Any rights not expressly granted in these terms and conditions are reserved to the Club.
13. In the event you obtain access to details of another user of the Website, you may only use such information in accordance with all prevailing data protection and privacy laws. Such information must not be used for spam or unsolicited commercial communications.
14. You are prohibited from posting or transmitting to or from the Website any material:
· that is threatening, defamatory, obscene, indecent, seditious, offensive, pornographic, abusive, liable to incite racial or religious hatred, discriminatory, menacing, scandalous, inflammatory, blasphemous, in breach of confidence, in breach of privacy or which may cause annoyance or inconvenience; or
· for which you have not obtained all necessary licences and/or approvals; or
· which constitutes or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offence, give rise to civil liability, or otherwise be contrary to the law of or infringe the rights of any third party, in the UK or any other country in the world; or
· which is technically harmful or causes the Website to be technically interrupted or rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the website is in any way impaired (including, without limitation, computer viruses, logic bombs, Trojan horses, worms, harmful components, corrupted data or other malicious software or harmful data, robots, spiders, scrapers or other automated means to access the Website without the Club's express written permission).
Privacy, cookies and data protection
Links to and from other websites
17. If you would like to link to this Website, you may only do so if you first obtain our express permission. Please e-mail the Club stating the URL details to which you wish to link and the URL of the page on which you will be displaying the link. We may in our discretion refuse consent, or grant consent subject to conditions. These conditions may include (but need not be limited to) the following:
· you do not remove, distort or otherwise alter the size or appearance of the Club’s logo or name;
· you do not create a frame or any other browser or border environment around the Website;
· you do not in any way imply that the Club is endorsing any products or services other than its own;
· you do not misrepresent your relationship with the Club nor present any other false information about the Club, its officers, office-bearers or members;
· you do not otherwise use any of the Club’s trade marks displayed on the Website without express written permission from the Club;
· you do not otherwise use any trade marks not owned by the Club displayed on the Website without express written permission from the proprietor of those trade marks;
· you do not link from a website that is not owned by you; and
· your website does not contain content that is distasteful, offensive or controversial, infringes any intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or that does not comply with condition 13 above and all other applicable laws and regulations.
18. We expressly reserve the right to revoke at any time any permission granted to link to the Website, and to take any consequent action we deem appropriate. You agree to indemnify us for any loss, injury, damage, costs or expenses arising directly or indirectly from your failure to adhere strictly to the terms of any permission granted to link to the Website.
Accuracy of Website Information
20. Opinions expressed within the Website Information are those of the authors and do not necessarily represent our opinions. In the unlikely event that you find any inaccurate information on our Website or have any complaint about what we have published please e-mail the Club . We will investigate on receipt and take such action which we, in our sole discretion, determine as being appropriate having regard to all the circumstances.
Internet Service Interruption, Viruses etc.
22. We will require to carry out routine maintenance on our servers and equipment. While we seek to keep disruption to a minimum, we do not guarantee that any part of the Website will be available for access at any particular time or times. Access to the Website may be suspended temporarily and without notice in the case of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the Club's control.
Our liability to you
24. We also exclude liability of any sort (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of providers of telecommunications services through which you might access the Website or for faults in or failures of their networks and equipment.
Your liability to us
27. Unless specifically provided otherwise, rights arising under these terms and conditions are cumulative and do not exclude rights provided by law.
28. These terms and conditions and the documents referred to in it are between and for the benefit of you and us (and our successors and assignees) and are not intended to benefit or be enforceable by anyone else.
29. If any provision of these terms and conditions (or part of a paragraph or provision) is found by any court or administrative body of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, unenforceable or illegal, the other provisions shall remain in force.
30. If any invalid, unenforceable or illegal provisions would be valid, enforceable or legal if some part of them or it were deleted, the provision shall apply with whatever modification is necessary to give effect to the original intention of these terms and conditions.
31. References to any statute or statutory provision in these terms and conditions shall, unless the context otherwise requires, be construed as a reference to that statute or statutory provision as from time to time amended, consolidated, modified, extended, re-enacted or replaced.
32. In these terms and conditions, references to one gender include the other genders, and to the singular include the plural and vice versa.
33. Headings will not affect the interpretation of these terms and conditions.
34. These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with Scots law. Disputes arising in connection with these terms and conditions shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Scottish courts.
36. All sensitive card account details are transmitted direct to SagePay, not to us. The Club does not store any card account details, payments or correspondence.
37. Payments made through the SagePay service are made in return for a one year service provided by the Club and are non-refundable. In the event that a refund is sought, each case will be investigated on its own merits and in certain cases refunds may be offered by the Club.
|Last Updated on Monday, 25 January 2010 16:25|